Sunday 15 September 2013

Exposure at Red Star.

Here I am outside the Red Star Cafe in Hepburn Springs Victoria for my feature month. I did this piece especially as I felt the whole window area needed to be taken into account. I had this crappy old concertina canvas hanging about, cut the top of and it fit perfect... 
In my world this means that it is meant to be.
Photo: Petrus Spronk, the organiser of this opportunity for local artists.
Here is the work back at home in my studio.
What you can't see behind the floating front piece is the same sex symbolism, intended to highlight the importance of intimate relations that do not usually intend to propagate. The floating piece on the other hand is 'the child', relevant to my own, yet to explore but still protected and nurtured by the parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment